Wednesday, July 7, 2010

First Flat

We are now under the 2 week countdown to the Ride in Vermont! Last Saturday I woke up early to get some miles in before the heat restricted! My planed ride was to head from Brooklyn into the city via the Manhattan Bridge (they have a bike lane!) to the West Side up to the George Washington Bridge, around Central Park and back to Brooklyn- hoping for 40 miles.

Big problem, when I got to the West Side Highway, I got a flat tire! My first one, and of course I had a tube with me, I just didn't have a pump!!! So I hopped in an SUV cab, took the wheel off and put the bike in the back and headed home to fix it. I am sure the driver thought I was a bit crazy, because I didn't take my helmet off once, and really didn't realize it until I was getting out of the car.

Back at home, Billy helped me fix the flat and I was able to ride for a little over an hour (24 miles total) around Prospect Park, until we went to see Toy Story 3 and then to the beach to work on blending my bike/farmer tan lines!

1 comment: