Monday, June 14, 2010

Noah's Ride


In May a few of us who had been training for the Rides decided to go to upstate to LAGrange, NY for Noah's Ride, about 2 hours outside of The City. The Ride was created to raise funds to assist with the expenses associated with the treatment of Noah's Neuroblastoma. Now, six years later Noah is in remission and so this year they decided to donate the funds raised to JDRF to honor a family in their community who had lost their teenage son to Type 1 diabetes.
Together a friend and I took liberty of my new Zip Car membership and reserved ourselves a Mazda Sedan for the Day. Luckily we are small women and with taking off the front wheel of a bike, can fit them in the back seat!
The ride was 40 miles of rolling hills and beautiful scenery of farms, forests and green! Just seeing the green reminded me of Washington! There were a few challenging uphills where I would just watch my odometer not able to go over 5 mph and my legs barely moving, but I didn't stop! Then there were some amazing downhills where we were able to get a lot of great speed, upwards of 35-40 mph!
After the ride we hung out for a while at the park for food and raffle prizes. When we were putting the bikes back in the car my friend who had rode up with me was loading up and accidentally locked the keys in the car.We momentarily panicked and called AAA, it was going to take 60-90 minutes to get someone to the park- that is a lot of wasted driving time so we called Zip Car and they were able to remotely send a signal to the car to unlock it!

No comments:

Post a Comment