Monday, July 25, 2011

Inspiration






What pushes us to set goals and achieve them, to find strength and pride in accomplishment, to become proud of who we are, what we do and what we represent!

Yesterday, Sunday July 24th, my friend and fellow T1D Jen Davino, became and Iron(wo)man. Yes an Iron man: 2.4 Mile swim, 112 Mile Ride and 26.2 Mile Run!

I just got the chills writing that because I am so proud of her, of this accomplishment, of her pure drive to take a challenge and not give up- an Inspiration to all of us!

I incessantly checked my computer and phone yesterday tracking her progress, and although athlete tracker was not helpful, returning to her Facebook page multiple times we got small updates from people on the course and witnessed the overwhelming support and community that she has and she deserves it all!

This weekend, I will ride my 2nd Century for JDRF- I will be driven by her strength and inspiration, and I hope that soon we are able to Ride100 miles for a Cure together soon!

2 comments:

  1. You made me cry. I love you thousand fold Lianna! We will ride a century together have no fear. I am glad that I am/was able to inspire you. I'll be with you guys on Saturday as you ride your century just as you guys were with me as I raced in my 1st Ironman. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have friends like Jen and she has a friend like you. Inspiration x2. And it will be multiplied a thousand times over this weekend!

    ReplyDelete