Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Going Steady



This weekend was wonderful! It was warm enough to be outside and we truly enjoyed our time.
On both Saturday and Sunday, I got my bike out, bundled up and went up to Prospect Park for a Ride. It was Chilly, but so worth it, and many of my cycling friends were Riding 109 Miles (yes, 109) in Tucson, AZ for the final JDRF Ride of the season.


Saturday afternoon we went into the city and enjoyed Central Park, Ice Skating and a quick visit to MoMA! Sunday afternoon while Billy watched football, Emma Rose and I got our Nails done and walked around our neighborhood!




The Icing on the cake was that the whole weekend + my blood sugars were steady. No highs, no lows, no swings or corrections for meals! It was a great feeling!

When everything can be so good in life and we have amazing opportunities to spend with our loved ones and families, diabetes can sometimes be a road blocker. It has an effect on your energy and your mood, or the need to stop and eat or fight headaches due to blood sugars raising.

It was a great weekend, I like going steady!

2 comments: